Tuesday, July 9, 2013

The Scriptorium and a useful book

I've been keeping my eyes peeled lately for a decent Scripture blog and I found one! The blog is called The Scriptorium. So far I've only read posts by a Fred Sanders on there, but they are very good. He reads Scripture the way St. Jerome and Origen read it: by comparing spiritual things with spiritual. Here's a link:

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/scriptorium/authors/fred-sanders-posts/

In a couple of his posts, he mentions a book called The Treasury of Scriptural Knowledge. I had never heard of it, but he says that it far out does the references in any study Bible, so I took a look. It's available on the internet here:
http://www.biblestudytools.com/concordances/treasury-of-scripture-knowledge/

I will probably buy a copy before long, but that will be very helpful for the meantime. The blogger I mentioned is supposedly an Evangelical, but he refers to Medieval theologians far more often than any Evangelicals I know! I will have to keep him in my prayers as I read what he says about Scripture.

No comments:

Post a Comment